Semi-homemade recipe by Marina Diaz
• Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
• 1 egg
• 1 stick butter (softened)
• 1⁄2 block cream cheese (softened)
• 1 tbsp milk
• 1⁄2 c powdered sugar
• 1 tsp lemon extract
• Fruit – seasonal
Prepare Cookie Crust
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place parchment paper on baking sheet (11X9”)
• Stir Cookie mix, softened butter, and egg in medium bowl until dough forms
• Drop dough onto baking sheet and spread out evenly
• Bake in oven for 12 to 14 minutes
• Remove from oven, set aside to cool
Cream Cheese Frosting
• Blend softened cream cheese, sugar, milk and lemon extract in medium bowl. TIP: If making with apples and pears, consider vanilla or maple syrup instead of lemon extract with a dash of cinnamon.
• Slice fresh fruit and set aside. Ensure fruit is clean and dry before assembly. For spring, use berries; for summer, use pineapple, strawberry, or peach; for autumn, use apples and pears.
• When crust is cool, spread cream cheese frosting evenly over cookie
• Place fruit – fruit placement can be random or in a design. Get creative!
• Refrigerate until ready to serve!